Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 2 Update & Sunday Family Dinner!


We made it through week 2! So I know the burning question is how did it go and has there been any progress….well….

It went great! I'm still motivated and still as excited about this journey! Week 2 went well. Easier than week 1 thats for sure! there are a couple of things I'm noticing more about myself because of the changes I've been making. The biggest is that I have more energy! I'm not as exhausted as i used to be and I'm not constantly counting the hours till bed time or craving that nap once I get home. I'm also just over all feeling better! I'm feeling calmer, I'm feeling well…healthier so clearly I'm going on the right path here. In terms of am I noticing a difference in my body yet…yes and no…there are days (like today where I totally noticed theres been a change) and there are days where i see no difference at all. There are also definite differences I the number on the scale which yes speaks volumes but I'm sure and in a way I'm waiting for myself to hit that plateau…which I KNOW will happen in due time….I know that this constant decrease in number isn't going to be as much each week especially with the fact that I've been incorporating exercise into the mix and yes if I'm being honest with you makes me a bit nervous. I'm nervous about the feelings that will come when the number doesn't drop as much as I've been used to, I'm anxious that feelings of discouragement will set in once i start building muscle which puts on a difference type of weight…but thats where I'm glad i have such amazing support from family, friends, community, co-workers. 

Its really been such a humbling experience sharing all this with you guys with the rest of the world. Please trust me when i say that to put myself out there like this is very hard for me. To be so honest about such a subject thats been so sensitive for me for countless years is not easy at all but I find that by doing this and sharing this part of my life with you guys is really a way to hold me accountable. What i didn't expect at all was the response I'm getting from everyone! I am so thankful for all your support, your kind words, your encouragement to keep going. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here with me and for really pushing me to achieve this goal of mine! 


So Im sure you're all wondering did I lose anything during week 2….and the answer is yes…the total I have lost so far is 12lbs! Trust me I was just as shocked my that number as you are! No I am not starving myself, clearly I'm sharing my dinners with you guys so please don't think that this is how thats being done. My goal was to become healthier and to do that you cant cheat and just not eat, its about changing the way I see food, the way I prep it, the way I cook it. Its about making better choices, substituting the bad with the good and a lot of saying no! I've removed a majority of the carbs I used to LOVE…no bread (Ezekiel bread has been the only type I’ve had), no pasta, no extra salts, no extra sugars, no junk food, no pop, no eating after 7pm. So with 12lbs down I’ve only got 12 more to go to reach my first goal! we’re half way there! 

Sunday Night dinners have always had a special place in my heart. Sure we have dinner together all week but there something about diner on sunday nights that just seems a bit more special. Its maybe since I have a little extra time to prep and prepare and really have the chance to try something new and not after a long day at work. Now when it comes to cold rainy nights like tonight I knew I wanted to make something comforting, filling, yummy, and of course something that both my boys can enjoy and something I can tweak in a way that I can also enjoy. So tonight called for mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs! The recipe I used was borrowed from http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/10/slow-cooker-mozzarella-stuffed-meatballs.html  . Although instead of ground beef I substituted it with ground turkey and used a bit more garlic and onion powder in substitution for the salt, also I used gluten free breadcrumbs rather than regular. I did bake them since our sunday nap went a bit longer than I thought it would and totally didn't have time to put them in the slower cooker. 



Super easy, super yummy, and such a fun surprise when Logan bites into the meatball to find ooey, gooey cheese! what was also great about this was that I was able to serve the boys these meatballs with pasta & marinara sauce while I was able to have meatballs with  marinara and a small salad. 






So gather the family, get the conversation going, ask your little ones to help and get ready to enjoy a yummy Sunday dinner.  



Baked Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs

ingeridents: 

1lb ground turkey
1teaspoon onion powder
2teaspoons garlic 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons of italian seasoning 
1 cup breadcrumbs 
1 egg + 1 egg white
4 cheese strings diced up (each stick will give you about 6-8 pieces of cheese)

how to:

  • preheat your oven to 400 degrees 
  • now this part you can have your little ones join in on the fun! make sure their hands are well washed though! take your ground turkey, onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, breadcrumbs, egg and egg white and put them all in a large mixing bowl. ok time to get a little messy! with our hands mix everything together really well until every last bit is incorporated.
  • once everything is all mixed in together you're going to take a small handful and begin forming a ball, take a piece of the cheese place in  the middle and cover up and continue to roll into a ball. continue to make the meatballs then placing each one on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. 
  • pop into the oven for 20 minutes till the meat balls are browned and cooked through. 
  • while their in the oven you can cook some pasta to serve with the meatballs. 
  • 20 minutes later you have delicious turkey meatballs filled with yummy gooey mozzarella cheese! again i enjoyed them just with a little marinara and the boys with pasta and marinara and a side salad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment