Thursday, January 28, 2016

This Weeks Favorite Recipes & A Little food for thought

OK so I'm totally getting the hang of eating well and I'm loving this change. Not only am i learning to cook great, healthy delicious meals for my family, but I'M feeling a difference. Im more energetic, I'm not as fatigued, I'm not getting any urges to snack on things I shouldn't be having (oreos, chips & dip, chocolate, super sweet coffees), I'm just feeling like I'm better, I'm becoming the best version of me and part of that I'm realizing really has to do with not allowing myself to overdo it with the unnecessary treats. Now don't get me wrong I totally treated myself the other day to 2 ferrero roches, it was a really crappy day and needed a pick me up, cause we all need that from time  to time but what i didn't do is I didn't let myself buy a whole pack I just bought two. Whats really been working for me is limiting myself and keeping track of everything that I eat and changing my mindset. 

Another huge realization that I've come to and I regret not having done so sooner is really understanding what a gift our bodies are from God. We only have ONE thats its. This is the body that my God has blessed me with and He doesn't make mistakes He has made me with purpose, with love, He thought about me and knew my name before I was even born. So shouldn't my body really reflect that, shouldn't I be doing all I can to take care of myself the best that I can? But its like that say its never to late to start changing for the better. Trust me I know that this is an uphill battle and that its not going to happen over night but I'm more motivated than ever for this change and I'm so beyond excited that I'm doing this and there are so many other reason to what lead me to this change and those are all topics I'll share later on...cause well this whole blog thing is new too...and it takes a lot to really put everything out here for you guys to read. Whats so great is that each of you really do keep me going, keep me wanting to work harder, keep me motivated and its because of this that i do really feel a sense of accountability and thats JUST what I needed so THANKS!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME & WE'RE DOING THIS!

So this week I'm sure you've all seen a lot of pictures on Facebook of a few new recipes I've tried. Ill share two of our most favorite dishes from this week and these are the two that  not only did logan eat ALL of but Moe actually asked for more of! 

The First was the Chipotle Turkey Burgers I made cause guys I WAS NEEDING a burger this week! What was great about these was the fact that I made the patties form scratch I knew exactly what was in them! I also love love loved that they were finished in less than 30 minutes. I can't rave enough about these turkey burger so Ill stop here and share the recipe, try it for yourselves trust me you won't regret it! 



CHIPOTLE TURKEY BURGERS
Ingredients 
  • 1lb of ground turkey
  • 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce diced up very small (save about a 1/2 tablespoon of adobo as well)
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • a small pinch of salt
How To

  • put the ground turkey chipotle peppers garlic and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl and with your hands mix everything together really well. Yes use your hand you'll get everything incorporated better that way. 
  • once everything is mixed together well take a good handful and form a patty (really this is where you can decide how big of burger you want, I used about a handful and a little more). once formed place them on a parchment paper lined plate. 
  • at this point you can either cover them up tightly and put them in the fridge till your ready to cook them or you can cook them either out on your grill or in a pan on the stove. I did ours inside in a pan on the stove only because i really didn't want to be out in 25 degree weather scrapping the grill clean and cooking outside.
  • cook the patties till cooked through about 4 minutes or so on each side. 
  • once done you can literally top them with what ever you'd like, i did mine with homemade guacomole, turkey bacon american cheese, tomato and onion and instead of a bun i wrapped mine in lettuce! 
side note: this was a great way to make something that the boys would love but i could also enjoy without all the bread. 

one more thing this was a recipe i used from the following blog: http://domesticate-me.com/the-dude-diet-burger-bust/

Ok our second favorite meal of the week was actually tonights turkey tacos which we will have tomorrow as well since we had left overs. This was a meal that I actually also served my brother-in-law and nephew who come over for dinner form time to time, which we love having them over for! They are awesome recipe taste testers! This dinner actually ended with them giving me the BEST compliment it was when my brother-in-law said that this dinner "tasted like home". Yup this ones going into our book of favorite dishes for sure!

We love southwest food in this house. Its always so full of flavor and spice and just overall goodness so with this whole new eat clean and healthy lifestyle change I had to find a way to take tacos and turn them healthy. So when one of my go-to blogs had Turkey Taco Lettuce wraps I just had to try them myself! Huge thanks to DamnDelicious.net for an a great week night taco dinner! Here's the link guys http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/28/taco-lettuce-wraps/ .

Go ahead and give them a try for "Taco Tuesday", "Taco Thursday",  "Taco Any-Day-That-Ends-With-The-Word-Day" day!


Taco Thursday Turkey Tacos

Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 cup of you favorite salsa (i used rick baylass frontera roasted tomato salsa)
  • 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup of roasted corn 
  • 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning 
  • 1 can (4oz) of chopped green chilies 
  • 1 tbsp of olive oil
How To

  • heat up your oil in a large skillet or high edge pan. 
  • add the turkey and cook through. once its all cooked drain all the extra fat. 
  • mix in the salsa, seasoning, and green chilies. stir and let cook for about 3 minutes or so
  • mix in the corn and black beans. 
  • stir the great mixture together and let it all heat through. go ahead and take a whiff of the amazingness coming from your pan right now! 
  • once done...go ahead and build your tacos guys! add your favorite toppings, sour cream, onions, cheese, tomatoes, salsa, cilantro, guacamole, you name it. if your trying to cut back on carbs like me skip the tortillas or hard shells and build yourself a lettuce wrap! Enjoy!!! 
Also FYI weigh-in day is tomorrow! Excited to see what progress I've made!! 

Oh and this is the after 30 minute fast paced kick boxing workout I decided to try today! My form may have sucked but hey at least I can say I  finished!!! I didn't give up and thats whats important! 


No comments:

Post a Comment