Wednesday, February 3, 2016

3...2...1...BLAST OFF!!!!

As Logan turned 12 weeks old (so many years ago) the excitement of having a newborn was still fresh in our hearts and in our lives! I loved every moment of being with him, every milestone I was able to watch him reach, every smile, every giggle, and every way he would surprise me especially as a new mom. Setting all that aside in the back of my mind was the fact that maternity leave was coming to its end and it was time to head back to work. So with a brave face and prayers said I took on another title: working mom.

Fast forward a few years and Id like to say that it was when logan turned 4 I decided that whatever free time we had just me and him would be filled with something fun! My goal was to not waste a day, because each day is really is a blessing.

Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come o an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Now this is a bit tougher with working full time but I make it a point to always at least try, there isn't anything worse I can do than not try to make the most of our time. Its a shame when our precious time is wasted on doing nothing…I guess God had heard my prayer and when I switched jobs I was given Wednesdays off this then gave me the chance to make Wednesday mine and Logan's day. This is a day when its just me and him, it gives me the chance to fill a day with something fun to do, to try, to see, to learn new things, to build memories because the truth is he wont be this little forever and school starts next year so our days alone are limited and September will be here before I know it. So as of right now Wednesdays are our day and have now become one of our favorite days of the week! 

Whats great about living in Illinois is that our museums have a ton of free days! YES FREE!! I absolutely love this!! We try to see as many museums as we can during these free days, last year we did the field museum, which WE ALL loved especially cause of the dinosaurs, we also did MSI which was tons of fun, lots of stuff for little ones to see and of course you cant have a summer go by without stopping by Lincoln Park Zoo (which is always free). We done the Shed when logan was younger and a second trip is probably long overdue. Today though we visited the Adler Planetarium! I have literally not been here since grade school so i was very much excited to take logan and just explore! 




Now Space is something all kids love especially boys! So I was really glad to find something fun for Logan to experience. We got there around 9:30 just as it opened and was able to get in the parking lot under the early bird special which made this mamma happy, who doesn't like to save a few bucks! because we were there as they opened we literally had the whole place to ourselves before all the field trips came (this is something to keep in mind doing free museum days, there are LOTS AND LOTS of field trips). The general admission with free with a state ID and all exhibits except for the shows are included. With logan I don't think he'd be able to sit through a show so we opted out of adding that as an extra. Regardless it was a blast tons of fun exhibits to see and for Logan and myself to enjoy! 



They even have a pretty good sized play area with a mock spaceship, slides, dress up area, and other fun imaginative play activities! This was perfect for Logans age as well as younger, and again since we made it in before the field trips Logan has the whole place to himself! We were able to see parts of a real space ship that was actually in space at one time in history, learn about our solar system, see how telescopes work, and how we explore space! Over all logan had a blast!! 






So if you have some free time and aren't sure what to do with your little one or even if you don't have kids but wanna check out the planetarium I’d say go enjoy a free day at the planetarium!! It wont cost you more than parking or bus fare!  


No comments:

Post a Comment