Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Making Changes

2016 is a big year for me. Its the last year in my 20's and with that I figure its time to get serious about getting healthy. Not only for me but for Logan, Moe and the rest of my family. Mom has been on me for some time to go get a physical done and with my super irrational fear of doctors I've always said "yea ok sure ill go..." but never make that appointment. 

I guess I finally decided that enough was enough I have to go get it done and I have to make sure I'm healthy so I decided to start my 29th year with that dreaded physical. So I nervously waiting to meet my new doctor who I actually picked due to great reviews on Yelp....yup Yelp....and you know what I LOVED her! She made me so comfortable and helped me realize that theres no reason for this fear of mine. So anyways I finally got all my tests done and thank the Lord everything came back within normal ranges! So this then made me realize that its time to make other changes to help me get healthy! 

I want to become the best version of myself. I want to have more energy.  I want to be able to look in the mirror and truly love the body that God has given me. Now don't get me wrong losing weight would be great and getting down to a smaller jean size would be awesome, but its more than just that its about being healthy, truly honestly healthy. Looking good is just a bonus that comes with these changes. 

So I started with cutting our pop from my lifestyle. I know its horrible for you and I can tell you first hand just how addictive it is and the only way I was going to be able to stop was to get rid of it cold turkey. No more coke, no more dr.pepper, no more shirley temples that Moe makes so well. None of it! So its been about 2 weeks now and you know what I'm still alive! Playing with different flavored water combos has become tons of fun, my favorite so far has been strawberry cucumber basil!  No joke I feel better just by getting rid of all that extra sugar I was putting into my system! I regret not cutting this out a long time ago! 

Next was not going out for lunch at work...yes famos makes the best spicy sicilian sandwich I've had...woodgrain pizza just opened down the block...and sure its easy to make a wendys run at lunch too...but is that all really the best choices for lunch? Probably not. So I started prepping my lunches for the week. This has not only given me a push to eat healthier since I know what I'm putting in my body because well I'm the one making the meals, but its also saved me time and overall money! I'm not as tired or groggy after lunch, I'm able to socialize at lunch instead of just jetting off to grab lunch and get back within our 30 minutes...I can actually enjoy my food instead of scarfing it down. 

We've also cut back on going out or ordering dinner...yes I LOVE to cook. Its something I wish I could do all day long. I love to test new recipes and have a great meal prepared for my boys but to be honest with you being a working mom makes cooking at home tough. After working a full day there are times where I just don't feel like coming home to be in the kitchen for another hour or so (with clean up time) I just want to relax and enjoy time with Logan. But this is a year of changes and with that I am making a point to cook at least 5 times a week. Home cooked dinners are something special. We come together at the end of the days and enjoy family time. This has been something I wanted Logan to understand from early on that at 630pm we come together around the dinner table. Now I'll be the first to admit in the past the meals I would choose to cook were amazing, but probably not the best for you...lots of pastas, delicious cheeses, carbs upon carbs, again delicious but not the healthiest. So this is also changing with this new year. I'm working on cooking healthier more balanced meals. So far things have been going well...no complaints from either of my boys and bellies are still full.

Im excited to share this journey of getting healthy with you! I know it won't happen over night and that there will be dips in the road bit its going to be a good one with a positive outcome! This is going to be a great year! 

2016 Lets Do This: Last year in my 20's 

2 comments:

  1. You got this! I'm so excited to read more about your journey! And I also love your pictures on instagram! keep up the good work :) God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! To be honest your journey kind of inspired me as well! We got this missy!!

      Delete