Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 4 Update


So we’re a month in guys!! 

HIGH FIVES all around!!


Before I get started I wanted to say HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! Yea I know its just a hallmark holiday but I'm a sucker for this stuff...we don't necessarily celebrate by ever doing anything elaborate here at The Sopt Home but the boys still get me a beautiful bouquet each year and I make sure Logan gets his special heart shaped donut for breakfast. Regardless if you guys are big on this holiday or don't celebrate at all I just want to say Happy Valentines Day & remember you are loved!! 

So lets get to the nitty gritty…what was my total loss after 4 weeks of hard work….drum roll please….a total of 15lbs down! That’s a number im really happy about and its not just 15lbs lighter in terms of weight, its 15lbs of less stress, anxiety, tiredness, groggyness, fear & self doubt. Its 15lbs less of all the bad!  Its been a long month and it has definitely had its ups and its downs, its days of insecurities and days where I felt like giving up but I can actually say that I’ve pushed past negative thoughts and kept at it and that’s what I’m so proud of.  I’ve gained an understanding that it isn’t about how fast I’m getting to my overall goal, or how little progress has been made, what’s important is that I’m making SOME progress and ANY progress is good progress and as long as I’m giving it my all and trying my best I’m good! I’m getting to my goal one step (no matter how big or small) at a time. 


cause its valentines day i snuck the hubs into this weeks picture  

This whole change in lifestyle has also pushed me to try things I've never done before and by this I mean working out! I’ve learned that when it comes to working out I need to do it with a friend and it has to be in a class environment because I feel most motivated in that setting.  So the first week of February started my hunt for a good gym, we started week 1 checking out 9round (https://www.9round.com/) which was tons of fun! It’s a fast paced kickboxing gym where you literally go through 9 rounds in 30minutes! So much fun! The first 4 rounds were the hardest for me and then I realized im pretty much half way there and that I can't give up now…by the end you feel amazing! They also have trainers that are guiding you through each of the rounds to be sure youre doing it right which was great to have.

Our second week we went in to give UFC gym (www.ufcgym.com)  a try (totally outside my comfort zone)! The workouts we got there were intense especially since I've never ever done anything like that before like ever. It was intimidating at first to walk in there since it was filled with exactly the type of people who you would imagine go to these gyms but we didn't run for the hills and got ready for our class. The coaches were fantastic! They were able to modify some of the work out so that I would still be constantly moving and doing similar thins like all the others were doing but without hurting myself! It felt amazing to have been able to finish that week and this is where I started to feel a whole lot stronger and I'm slowly beginning to feel that urge to go workout and that need to be moving and pushing myself further and further. And friends this is a GOOD feeling. 

This past we dedicated to trying CorePower Yoga (www.corepoweryoga.com/). Now I know im not the most flexible person ever and I've never even it never even crossed my mind to attempt yoga but I figure lets try it out and see how it goes. The class I was most interested in was HOT YOGA! This is basically a 60 minute yoga class in a room that’s at 105 degrees plus humidity! I literally loved this work out and so much so that I went every night this past week. Sure I probably looked ridiculous but by the end of the week I was totally getting it and was much more flexible and actually able to do some if not most of the poses. By the end of the hour though I was drenched in sweat more than I have ever been in my life and relaxed as well. Every muscle was stretched out and because it was basically an hour of being in a room with no one else looking at you or judging you, super chill music playing and an hour of just me time. Now yoga made me a bit nervous from the faith aspect but what was nice about the classes this week was that not one of the instructors made it about the religious practice, it was all about relaxing and getting a good work out in. I was actually able to go in and just relax and focus on me for an hour without feeling like I was compromising anything. Over all im saddest to see this week come to its end and I will likely be back soon for hot yoga again! 

....sorry for the gross picture but this is what you look like after 60 minutes of hot yoga! 
Next week on our gym tour is a place called Sweatshop which I'm excited to try since it looks like a huge party in all the videos they’ve posted and I’ve seen. So heres to a new week and a new workout!! Wish me luck with this week! 

Above all the best part of this is having a friend to go with me! Having her is really pushing me to go, the days I don’t want to she’s there to encourage me to keep to it and vice versa. Its so helpful to have someone to hold me accountable. Its also fun to have someone try all these new things with me! To be able to look silly together, to be comfortable to look like a literal hot mess together and to help me when I feel like I need that extra push! So thank you Jackie!! We got this!! 

My other (in my opinion) biggest contributor to all this has been the fact that I am meal prepping and it has been pretty much the same thing every day…boring I know but the consistency is helping a ton. I usually cook up ground turkey and split that up amongst 3 containers (prep Sunday night for Monday-Wednesday and then prep Wednesday night for Thursday-Saturday) pair that with broccoli and I have lunch set and ready to go. I do switch between that and tuna lemon & pepper and ½ an avocado. But that’s about it for lunches…clearly dinners are different because I go home and cook a real meal…but lunches I gotta keep consistent and lean and so far so good!  


what lunches now typically look like...its really yummier than you would think


Huge thanks to everyone who's still following along & i can't say it enough that all of your support is really pushing me and providing me with the motivation I need when I feel like I can cheat myself out of a workout or when I try to find a good reason to sneak in old habits! So thanks guys, you're all really appreciated and I hope that you continue to read and that through this I'm also maybe encouraging someone to also try new things and start making positive changes, cause well trust me when i say this: if I can do this ANYONE can. 

9lbs to go till my first personal goal! Slowly but surely I’ll get there! Im feeling great after week 4 and ready to keep the momentum going through week 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment