Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thankful Thursdays: Week Two



I've know Moses pretty much forever, but it wasn't till I was 15 that I really began to get to know him and I'm so glad that I did. I am so thankful to my 15 year old self for believing in finding love early and trusting that there's a reason why this boy gave me butterflies like never before. Knowing deep down in my gut that this was the man who would one day be my husband, he was going to be my forever, the person I couldn't imagine not spending every day of my life with. Was our love story easy of course not. Just like everyone else we had our ups and our downs, nights when I would turn to God and just pray that if this wasn't his will to not let myself fall deeper in love with this boy, but through every valley God protected us and our hearts, he kept us together and showed us that this was in his plan for us. His plan to have us walk through this life together with him as our center.


I am so thankful that we opened our hearts and trusted God and his plan for our lives. I honestly believe that he is my perfect match and he is that in so many ways. He understands me like no other, he supports me, he makes me laugh like no one else, he is honestly THE most patient person I have ever know and trust me when I say there are days when I wonder how he can be so patient with all my crazy moments. He loves me like no other, truly loves me. There are moments when I catch him just look at me the way he did when we were 15 & 17 that reminds me of those butterflies he gave me so many years ago, ladies this also shows that those butterflies do not disappear. 


He is also one of the most hardworking men I know. He wakes up daily at 5:30am to be at work by 6:30 and then he works a long 10 hour day for us (and that doesn't even include the countless overtime hours he puts in) all the while not once complaining or calling off or giving up. He sacrifices himself in so many ways and has never once left me worrying about anything. I could never thank him enough for his hard work and how he provides for his family and I thank god daily for keeping moe healthy, protecting him and blessing the company that he works with. 


Probably one of the things I'm most grateful for when it comes to my husband is what an amazing father he is to logan. He makes logan one of his top priorities doing everything he can to make sure that our son has the best childhood he can. He loves logan more than I'd ever be able to tell you and from the day we found out that we were expecting there was a joy that began to shine through him because he was going to be a dad. Moe is the definition of a great dad and I love him so much for being the type of parent that he is, he is there, he is present, and he would do anything for this little boy. He is proud to be Logans dad and I cannot wait to see how their bond grows. 



If you would have asked my 15 year old self where I would be at almost 30 she probably would have told you married and a mom and I'm so thankful that God heard my prayer and that those butterflies haven't gone away.



Then there's Logan. 

Where do I even begin...he is my greatest blessing hands down. 







I knew I wanted to always be a mom. So when starting to plan our family all I prayed for was a healthy baby. Soon after our journey to parenthood started we got news that we were expecting it was from that day that I became Logans mom and since that day I have only grown to love him more and more. There are literally days when I just want to go home and hug him and hold him and if it were up to me he would never grow up and he would stay my little boy forever. I would do anything for this child because he most definitely the definition of a blessing from God to us and I cannot say that enough.






The truth is even the doctors were surprised that we conceived as quickly as we did with Logan, they flat out told me it was very unlikely considering certain health hiccups. So to say that logan is a gift from God is the honest truth and because of this I will never ever take him for granted and I will always do what I can to make sure that he is happy, healthy, safe, and has the best life that he possibly can have. Each day I thank the lord for this little boy, I thank him for the chance to be his mom, for the opportunity to see him grow and teach him about God. I pray that God helps me be the best mom I can be. There has never been a day that has passed since he was in my belly that I  haven't laid my hand on him and prayed for gods protection and blessings over him and his future. 




He is funny, so funny, and I know that comes from his dad. He is sweet a his new thing now-a-days is to tell me he loves me and that he wishes me a good day after he gives me a big hug and kiss at the door. He is smart and witty and creative.  He is the exactly what you would think of when when you hear the word "BOY", obsessed with all things army, Star Wars, hunting, and cars. He is everything I could have imagined in a son and more. God knew exactly what to give me when he gave me Logan. 





Logan brings me a joy that I can't even begin to explain. A joy that sometimes brings me to tears because of how blessed I am to have him, to have been able to have carried him, to be able to call him my son. Through this little boy my heart is filled to the top, overflowing with the most beautiful emotions. I realize the road to parenthood isn't always easy and believe it or not if it were up to me I would have given logan 1,2,3 siblings by now but Gods plans aren't always what my plans are but because of this I am reminded to count my blessing and how to truly appreciate what I have been given and I will forever be thankful that I was blessed with the role of Logans Moms.




No comments:

Post a Comment