Wednesday, October 14, 2015

super easy super yummy chicken tacos

Crockpot I think you and I have finally made amends after the horrible Christmas Morning Bake of 2013....we won't even go there....

Setting my fear of crockpots aside I decided to pull out the contraption again and give it another go with something MUCH simpler, something that in my mind couldn't logically be ruined, that didn't include eggs, hashbrowns, and sausage. Everyones been telling me how easy it is to make delicious chicken tacos with you crockpots and it only takes 2 ingredients so I figured why not try, worst comes to worse we could always call in for a pizza from Village Inn....

Over time I've learned that we prefer not to use jarred salsa instead I've become obsessed with Rick Bayless Frontera Skillet Sauces, and instead of salsa I just cover the chicken in two packs of this sauce. The reason I like to use these rather than salsa I guess is because when I've made these tacos withs salsa there tends to be a lot more liquid left over from the salsa then I'd prefer and these sauces are more concentrated and in my option more flavor packed! Pick a packet up next time your at the grocery store they have tons of different flavors too!




So four hours and a couple of chicken breasts covered with salsa later and BAM chicken tacos so good that even the boys asked for seconds and thirds! Crockpot you have regained a spot on my good side!

Try this out for yourself on your next taco Tuesday! In the Sopt House taco Tuesdays tend to turn in to taco Tuesday, burrito Wednesday, and tostada Thursday since I always make extra.



So here's what you need:

  • 4 good size boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • a pinch of salt and pepper for taste
  • salsa of your choice 
  • your favorite taco toppings
Directions: 
  1. place your chicken into the crockpot
  2. cover your chicken with salsa and stir to make sure all the chicken is coated
  3. cover and cook on high for 4 hours
  4. go do your thing around the house...catch up with netflix....read a book....clean....play with your little ones...
  5. come back in 4 hours and uncover, take a fork and shred away 
  6. serve with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!!


1 comment: