Thursday, October 22, 2015

I'm not afraid

Fear. Fear is something that literally sucks the life out of you. It paralyzes you from being able to live your life the way that God intended you to, it blinds you from seeing the good things that happen to us, it shields us from the blessings that are bestowed upon us even in the most unlikely circumstances. But really stop and think for a second what is there really to be afraid of? Isn't our God bigger? Isn't He stronger? Hasn't he always protected us even during our darkest storms? If we have faith then why should we be afraid? Yes we're human, yes those feelings are hard to push past but at the end of the day we have an amazing god who protects, heals, and comforts. 

Our God is good, he is always good. There has never been a time where I doubted that truth. I know He is with me and that even though I can never begin to explain why we go through the valleys that we do, I can say that with God on our side we will overcome. 

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

So im choosing to not be afraid of whats going to happen next. I'm not going to stop living life to the fullest just because life isn't perfect. We adjust thats what we do. We find ways through Gods direction to make things work. God blesses us with family and friends and still at almost 30 I'm learning that family literally is everything. They are there to be our support system, to cry with you, they are there to build you up, and they step in when you can't. They help you be strong when your facing your biggest fears and they walk through this battle with you hand in hand. 

"I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

I am going to set fear aside I will walk tall, I will not let this hurdle bring me down and I will be strong because I know my God is with me and there is nothing that he would put before me I cannot handle. I won't let Fear of the unknown stop my life. 

in all your



-Emily 


No comments:

Post a Comment