Monday, November 14, 2016

Sorry its been so long...here's whats new with us...

So I know its been a while since my last post...totally my fault. Seems like life had gotten the best of me and by that I mean there have really not been enough hours in the day. But here are a few updates on whats going on in The Sopt Home.

First off our biggest change was Logan started school. 



Having opted out of preschool and going straight into kindergarten worried me a bit...not being sure how he'd adjust to a school environment and how he'd thrive on this new chapter of his life. Just like always he never ceases to amaze me and even with school he jumped in with both feet into the deep end & he loves it! 


His teachers are constantly telling us what a joy he is and how there isnt a day that goes by that doesn't start with "I'm gonna have a great day!" or "Today will be AWESOME!!". He's not only doing great in terms of making new friends but he's also made such progress in terms of the actual school work and thats whats so great to see! He's an all-star when it comes to math and we're really woking hard in reading and phonics.


So far there hasn't been a day that has gone by where he said he didn't want to go and he looks forward to each new day! We are so grateful for the his teacher and the school that he has been so blessed with. 

Next...my journey to being healthy...the scale hasn't moved much if we're being honest but that doesn't mean I've given up, actually quiet the opposite. Since the beginning my overall goal was to get HEALTHIER and I went in with the understanding that yes it will take a lot of hard work and dedication but also that the number on the scale may not always go down as quickly as I would like for it to and thats ok. Being healthy isnt something that can be quantified by a number per say. In my opinion healthy is feeling good, having more energy, and being unashamed of who I am and what my body is. 



So have I given up because the scale isn't moving as quickly...no of course not because losing 30+ lbs is a big deal, its a big change and I'm proud of that progress...am I hoping on that scale weekly...not anymore because theres more to life that the constant obsession of that number. So no I have not given up I'm still working hard & trying my best but I'm also focusing on how to be happy, content, and proud of who I am and the body that God has blessed me with.  



Life gets busy...and its easy to forget to check in...but let me tell you we have had a great summer and fall...and really those are the seasons where we find ourselves focused on family. Finding activities to fill our weekends and trying to show Logan how to have fun while being unplugged, the way that we did growing up. 

Our summer was filled with a trip to Canada,mutiple says spent at the splash pads & finding ways to explore our city all while taking in every moment we could of the beautiful summer weather we were blessed with. 

Our fall consisted of starting school, finishing our first 5k, losing 2 teeth, a family wedding, two close friends having beautiful baby girls, trips to the pumpkin patch, the cubs winning the world series & a new president was elected (#MAGA)! Now its time to focus on how to just let go and enjoy the time we have with each other all the while continuing to live healthy and happy lives. 










So thats whats been keeping us busy. Im so excited to be back and hope you're excited to continue to read. Check back in a few days for around up of some of our favorite new recipes...specifically our fave new chicken dish which I've dubbed Magic Chicken...you're gonna wanna check that this one out! 

Till next time! 

-Emily-




No comments:

Post a Comment