Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here we are again my most favorite time of the year! Theres something about the holiday season that just makes you feel overcome with this sense of happiness and gratitude regardless of how challenging this past year has been. At least thats how I feel. Every year around this time I start to reminisce on the year thats coming to an end, and during this time of reflection there are so many things that come to mind that I'm thankful for, that even though this past year has definitely had its struggles there are so many more positive things to be thankful for than not. It really isnt hard to come up with a few things that I would want to express gratitude for this year so I figured it be fitting to share some of those with you today. 





I am beyond thankful for my family. This past year has been a tough one for us all but through Gods grace and putting our trust completely in him we came out victorious. Mom was diagnosed with cancer last October and as that news dawned upon us one thing that was never shaken was our faith. We know that we have a strong and powerful God who hears our prayers and will never let us down. I am so beyond grateful this year that He has kept mom strong during her fight and can say that after her last scans there is no sign of the cancer. God is good and He truly does not let us down. I am thankful for my mom, she has show me personally what it means to have hope and not give up even when you're in the midst of your toughest battle, you don't give you. You rise above and you stay strong and you pray! You pray and you put your faith in God because everything is in his hands and theres no better place than that! I am blessed with an amazing family who I am so proud to call my own. Then theres my dad who is probably one of the most hard working men I know, always willing to help and will never say no when you need him. He is the best grandpa and his love for his children is never ending. My brother and sister who although we may not be the over affectionate type love each other deeply and will always be that support for each other and I cannot in any way imagine my life without those two. Michael J Fox said "Family isnt an important thing. Its everything" and I couldn't agree more! 

I am thankful to have a job I actually really really enjoy! To have been blessed with so many open doors since making the jump to a new company just about 2 years ago! God has been good and has really blessed me with the chance to work with an amazing team and to have an actual job I like to go to everyday. Being a working mom is hard its takes a lot of balancing and its not for everyone, but for me at least theres something so rewarding to be able to help provide for our family. I am grateful that I have found that balance because for as long as I remember I have never wanted the whole burden of providing for our family to all be on Moes shoulders and to be able to have had a door open within a company as great as this one I am so so thankful. It also helps that I have an amazing boss and a fantastic team to work with everyday! God has been good this year and Im constantly asked by my drivers why I'm always so happy...why is it that I'm always smiling...and they look truly intrigued when they ask...my answer is always simple..."why not be happy? Things could be so much worse." I am lucky to be able to say I actually like my job and although not everyday is easy it could be so much worse so why not just look at the positives and smile...be happy...and make the most of our days. 







My boys. Oh my boys. Those two are my reason for everything. I love them more than I can even begin to tell you. I have an amazing husband who works so hard for our family. He is the most patient man I know, he has the biggest heart of anyone I know and I am blessed to call him mine. Its crazy to think that were coming up on 15 years together and each year gets better and better. I almost can't believe how lucky I am to be able to grow old with this man. God has been so good to me blessing me with him because he really is my better half and I will continue to choose love everyday. 


Then theres Logan. Where do I even start. He is such an absolutely amazing little boy! He brings so much joy, laughter, happiness, and love into this family. He is smart and charismatic  so filled with life, making each day so much more exciting! My once 5lb miracle baby is now an almost 6 year old half way through kindergartener, who teaches me patience, love, understanding, and what it means to have a childlike faith again! He is my everything and I will forever do everything in my power to be the best mom that I can be because if theres anything I can do is give him the best childhood he could ever have! To know that he is always loved, he will always have a place to run to, that its ok to be adventurous and live life, to make mistakes and learn from them. I will do everything I can to give him as much as I can. God has blessed me with the chance to called a mother and my prayer is that I can be the best one that I can but just the fact that I get to be called mom is a blessing in and of itself. 




There are so many other people I am thankful for who have been such great friends to us and I couldn't imagine not having such an amazing community of friends and family to call our own. Each one of them God has put into my life for a reason and I love each and everyone of you and so grateful to call you each my friends! 




2016 has also been a year of personal growth. I set out this past year to focus on getting healthy and becoming the best me that I can become. As the end of the year is nearing I can say that I have accomplished those goals. I know that change takes time and that this is just year one and with that being said the main focus of this year was to focus on being healthy. Becoming healthier not only physically but spiritually, emotionally, and also continuing to build healthy relationships, focusing on making time for one another and for myself. I am thankful that God has lead me through this year with a very positive outlook on it all. That even when I would hit my walls or things would bring me down He gave me strength to keep going, to work hard, to not give up. I am thankful that as I near my 30's I am confident in who I am and how God is working in my life. He has done so much already and I know he has great plans for me. I am so grateful to have a God who is working on me who knows exactly what my heart needs and who has always and will always be there.




To be able to be here, be healthy & be happy all while being surrounded by those who I love is absolutely what I'm most thankful for this year. 
So today I hope you enjoy time with your loved ones & thank you for those who take the time to read my thoughts and little blurbs. 

with love
-Emily-

No comments:

Post a Comment