Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 11 Update



Well here we are week 11 down in the books. 

This week was one where I’ll be honest I felt i could have worked harder. Thats not to say i strayed away from the path but its definitely not been one where I worked as hard as I could have and thats no ones fault but my own. I still kept a close eye to what I ate this week, made sure I kept counting those calories and made it to yoga three times this week instead of my normal five. Life just got busy, we’ve all been there. Projects need to get done, Appointments need to be met, and there are just nights where bedtime stories trump yoga. 

So as dedicated that I am to getting healthy and living a healthier lifestyle that doesn't mean that being a mom and wife get put into second place. My first and foremost responsibility is to be the best mom and wife I can be and if that means skipping a workout every now and then thats fine. Im ok with that. My family is my everything, one of the reasons I decided to take this journey to get live better, to be better. So this week I could have chosen to go to the studio like I have been every night but instead I decided my boys needed my time a bit more.



Its all about balance and although I may seem like I have that pretty under control Im really still a work in progress when it comes to learning how to balance everything out. To find time for everything going on in my life. If it wasn't for my planner I would be lost. All those fancy scheduling-organizational-planning apps don't work for me at all. Theres something about an actual planner made of paper that helps me when it comes to planning things. Ive always been one who needs to write things down to remember them and no joke Ive got my planner out in front of me daily, constantly checking it, adding to its, seeing how much I've gotten done or things that have to get done, lists are made, and things are marked as done. I live by my planner and literally everything is scheduled to the hour in that thing and thats what really helps me look at how my day is broken up, from when Im at work, to running whatever errands need to be run, playdates planned, dinners scheduled, meetings booked and of course daily workouts, where and what time there held from. Thats my secret. It honestly comes down to a pen and paper and writing it all down! 


This week although I wasn't at yoga as much as I have in the past and I had a few snacks here and there (Guys run to trader joes and get their guacamole…no JOKE best snack/dip I've had in a long time) I was still able to hop on the scale this morning and see another pound gone and this was real surprise to me cause for sure I thought Id either stayed at the same as I was last week or even have put on weight. Total loss as of week 11 is: 26.5lbs and most importantly my closet is like a whole new place! No joke I'm able to put on dresses I once couldn't breathe in and have them fit CORRECTLY!! I am seriously loving that! Overall this was a good week! 

This was taken just about a year ago in the same dress I wore today

Today wearing that exact same dress but it FITTING completely differently!! 


 So as I start this week I realize its the beginning of week 12 that means I'm going to be 3 months into this journey and a 1/4 of the way through this year! and on that note I'm excited to work extra hard this week and move forward towards my goal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment