Sunday, April 10, 2016

We made it to 3 months!



First and foremost thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and helping me stay positive and push through especially on those days where I feel weak and the temptation of falling into bad habits seems a bit to easy. Thank you for reminding me that I am not doing this alone. 

yes these are my siblings and yes its national sibling day today so i made them take a picture together 
There has been so much Ive learned over the past 3 months and Id like to share bit of that.

Ive learned that I am capable of more than I ever thought that I could be. I am stronger than I ever imagined I could be. My body is beautiful even with its flaws. I have learned that this change will take time. That seeing the results I want to see won't happen over night and that it takes hard work to get where I want to be. It takes a lot of saying no but saying no will lead to me being happier in the future. There are so many alternatives out there too so you're not missing out! Thank God for who ever created Oreo Thins and Halo Top ice-cream! Don't even get me started on Trader Joes guilt free guacamole: SOOO yummy and actually good for you! So even though I turn down a lot of things I am not missing out! I have learned that not giving up when you hit that wall is one of the most important things when working towards something like this. YOU CANNOT GIVE UP is what I constantly telling myself, because the end result is so worth all this! 

One of the most important things Ive learned is that not everyday is going to be the same and not every day will be a good day. There will be days where I slip but knowing that tomorrow is a new day and we get that fresh start is reassuring. The scale although tempting to step on everyday is something that can actually push me back instead of help me. Numbers fluctuate, they change, there are days where my body retains more water than usual, therefore adjusting my number on the scale. Does an increase in that number scare me: YES. Does an increase in that number make me feel like I'm failing and letting myself down: YES. Does that increase in number make me want to give up: NO! I have been limiting my time on that scale to only 1 official weigh in a week and thats on Sunday mornings. Thats the number I go by each week in terms of progress. Thats the only number that matters. I have learned how not to dwell so much on that number regardless. 

What matters most is that I feel good, that I have more energy, that I’m happier, and that I'm working on being the best wife and mom that I can be. I not only want to be healthy for me but I want to be healthy for my family. Over the past 3 months I have seen my energy levels sky rocket, Ive seen my moods become happier, less stressed, less anxious. Its more than just looking better and dropping weight. This whole lifestyle change has had such an impact on me emotionally as well. I am so thankful for the life I’ve been blessed with and I don't want to waste it I want to live it to its fullest and the healthiest way possible. 

I am so excited to see where I am in the next 3 months! I know I want to keep pushing towards my goal and so ready to keep up with the changes I've made. Im excited to bring on this new season hopefully spring with actually get here and Ill be able to start nightly walks (if anyone wants to join me let me know, Id love a walking partner) to help prepare for the 5k we signed up for to support my beautiful mom & her fight against colon cancer! Which by the way if you guys wanna sign up and join our squad you can do that here:


Its going to be a great day and we're supporting a great cause, we'd love to have you there with us! I can say after 3 months I LOVE WORKING OUT! I have found a work out that I actually enjoy and am actually good at! I want to continue exploring new recipes, healthy recipes not only for me but ones that both Logan & Moe will enjoy as well, which I’ll share as I come across them! 

this was taken right before I made the decision to change: in all honesty I hated how I looked in this picture

Looking back at the beginning of the year and even further back than that and I'm shocked as to how far Ive come and how fast time flew! God is good guys and he has truly heard my prayers for strength during all this. I am no longer out of breath when running around playing with Logan or climbing the stairs at work. Im not coming home exhausted and just wanting to sit and not do anything. Im fitting into smaller clothes and am no longer needing to get the largest size they carry in most stores (this is super exciting for me!) Im actually understanding what my husband means when he tells me I’m beautiful, because now I actually feel beautiful! 



What I wanna say as well is that everyone else who is also on this journey you can do it! You are strong and You can do it too! We got this thing! Take it one day at a time and be positive! My prayers are with you guys, that God blesses each of you with strength to push through to reach your goals as well! “And let us run with endurance the race that is set before us” Hebrews 12:1 We’re all in this together! Please don't give up on yourself, I will say this a million times, if I can do this so can you! YOU CAN DO THIS and that does for whatever it is your wanting to achieve, it may not be weight loss, it might be working towards whatever personal goals you may have set for yourself. Whatever it may be you can do it and you're doing awesome so far! 

3 months later 

So where did we end up this week: total loss: 27.5bs! Thats 1 more pound down since last week. What I want to differently during these next 3 months is actually keep track of measurements as well as weight loss, cause we all know that the inches are just as important as the pounds and its what I really didn't keep track of during the first 3 months. So here we go on our way to the half way mark! Let do this! We got this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment