Sunday, March 6, 2016

Week 7 Update


So we're a week away from the 2 month mark and this week although exhausted and feeling pretty run down after my allergies decided to take me down (doesn't help when we're at 60 degrees one day and then down to 25 with a snow storm the next) so lets just say getting full nights rest really hasn't been successful all week but thank God for allergy medicine and the bit of relief it gives me. Also thankful for a husband who reminds me to push myself and supports me and my goals because since I missed Monday because I felt just so run down I had no excuse to miss the rest of the week...he was sure I knew this because come Tuesday and the thoughts of skipping out on my mind Moe stepped in to remind me that I should probably go since if I wouldn't I'd probably just bum around and he knew id feel better if I went and got my hour in...and you know what he was absolutely right. So glad to have him as my main supporter in all this and that he knows how to encourage me when I need it most. 

Seven weeks into this journey and still love yoga and still going to classes everyday except for weekends cause I figure my ankles need a bit of rest too but other than that you will find me in the studio an hour a day...everyday...I'm seeing my body change in so many ways...particularly I'm seeing myself become stronger than I ever thought I could be...Im seeing myself getting better and better at the flows than I ever expected myself to be...and I've even set goal for myself and certain poses I'd like to achieve one day. I was so skeptical that yoga would be a type of workout that would help in weightless but I was so wrong. The stretching,  the flows through poses, the practicing breathing, balancing, and strength work that it involves has definitely helped me so much more than I thought it would. Trust me at the end of class you feel that you actually worked out, my legs are stronger and leaner, my arms are transforming and my core is getting worked on as well. I am so glad I put myself outside my comfort zone and tried something new when it came to trying out yoga. Seven weeks ago if you asked me to touch my toes or the ground or get through one hour of Hot Yoga I probably would have laughed at the thought...I really underestimated myself and now I'm so glad to say I was wrong & that I am capable of more than I thought I would be...its also kinda nice that the staff at CorePower Old Orchard actually know me by name now...

yes we work out by candlelight
Its also now at 7 weeks that I'm starting to actually SEE the changes like in the mirror see the changes and when I pull up pictures from Christmas (which was really my eye opener) and look at the picture i see today I'm proud to say I don't see the same person. I see someone who's happier, who's not embarrassed of her body, I see someone who's not tired, drained, exhausted (sure I'm tried from these not fun allergies but they'll pass). I see someone who's confident, someone who's excited to see what the future looks like, who's ambitious, who's reaching her goals and not giving up. I see myself smaller, I see curves that have been hiding under excess fat (whoa that was weird to write and now see in print but its the truth...theres a ton of extra fat that is hiding beautiful God given curves). I see stronger legs & arms (still a little self conscious on the arms but thank God its still sweater weather...cause I'm sure they'll be debuted come spring). Seven weeks in and I'm realizing that all this hard work is actually paying off and if you stick to it and not give up after 4 weeks you'll really start seeing results. It actually feels good to put on my "skinny jeans" and have them be loose...to walk into a store and be able to try on a dress that isn't the biggest size they carry and to feel good in a smaller size...then to come home and sit in front of your closet and actually see so many more options  and dresses that fit correctly and aren't tight and barley fitting. The changes are becoming evident and that really motivates me to keep going, to keep pushing and not give up. I have a goal and I have 10 more months to reach it! 

The picture that made me realize it was time to change: Christmas 2015

So after 7 weeks I am officially down 20lbs, down a jean size with a little wiggle room in the next size down, and down 1 dress size! granted i do like my dresses and tops a bit looser so I'm sure I really can fit into things 2 sizes down but...Ill comfortably and confidently say that I'm one size down in everything! It was also nice that my scale (i got the fitbit aria which I love! https://www.fitbit.com/shop/aria its got so many cool features ill post on this a bit later) sent a message to my phone to congratulate me on my first 20lbs lost! I'm happier & more confident! Im so excited for this next week! 

picture taken today 3.6.16 | 20lbs down


This week my baby also had his 5 year well visit which meant shots...not so fun but he was strong and according to his dad only cried a little at the end...his doctor said he's going great we're in the 50th percentile for weight and 40th for height (he's always been on the smaller/average range since he  was born) he also passed his hearing and vision test & we are cleared for kindergarten in the Fall!! yes guys LOGAN IS STARTING KINDERGARTEN THIS YEAR!!!! If you're looking for a great pediatrician I will always recommend Dr.Divencenzo with Kids First Pediatrics ( http://www.kidsfirstpediatricpartners.com) is beyond amazing and has been such a blessing to have be Logans primary care doctor! Their whole practice has always been so kind and welcoming, super understanding and comforting as well especially when we were new at the whole parenting thing. They have awesome office hours and there are walk-ins available in the morning and somedays in the evenings. they're also available Sundays if need be! The whole staff there, everyone form the doctors to the nurse practitioners, nurses & reception staff is fantastic we literally love everyone there! Logan has never once been afraid to go the doctor and that says a lot since most kids and grown ups (his mamma) are afraid of the doctor! 




No comments:

Post a Comment